Applications are invited in the prescribed proforma (download application form) for admission to the Ph.D. in Agriculture, Rural and Tribal Development for the Academic Year 2017-18 starting from July 2017. Forms duly filled in may be sent to the following address: Administrative Head, IRTDM Faculty Centre of Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University, Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Morabadi, Ranchi-834008, with a demand draft for Rs.500/, drawn in favour of ‘RKMVU RANCHI’ payable at Ranchi or by cash payment at the office of the IRTDM Faculty Centre, Morabadi, Ranchi-834008, Jharkhand.
- Applicants for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled. However, a Differently-abled applicant belonging to either of the reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)) shall not get the double benefit of being SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer) as well as Differently-abled in the above relaxations.
- The eligible candidates will have to appear in a written examination (Research Eligibility Test or RET for short) of 2 hour duration as per UGC requirement.
- An applicant qualified in any of the following examinations: UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC –CSIR NET (including JRF)/SLET/GATE need not appear at the written examination, but will have to appear at the interview.
- Applicants who have cleared the M. Phil. course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing/completed the M.Phil. Degree from any recognised university of India shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph. D. Degree.
|Name of the Department||Broad Area of Research||No. of seats|
|Agriculture, Rural and Tribal Development||Anthropology/ Livelihood/Development||1|
|Horticulture/ Vegetable Science/ Sustainable Agriculture||1|
Last date of submission of application form: 10 June 2017
List of shortlisted candidates for written test will be displayed on: 13 June 2017
Written test will be held on: 20 June 2017
Interview / Viva voce of candidates qualified in written test: Will be informed later
Scholarship: Candidates without UGC/CSIR JRF, if found academically bright and motivated for research, will be paid a consolidated fellowship of Rs.13000/- per month from the University’s own funds.
Note: Candidates who have applied earlier need not apply again.