- Key Features of the Programme:
- It is a student-friendly programme which gives an opportunity of multiple exit and entries in different levels: Certificate Level (after 6 months), Diploma Level (after 1 year) and Advanced Diploma Level (after 2 years). If find any problem to study continuously for three (3) years, students may attend after a gap also.
- Limited no. of students (ST, SC, OBC and Minority boys only) may get free board and lodging facility in Divyayan hostel for first year only and additional training certificate from Divyayan Krishi Vigyan Kendra for undergoing different training programmes as part of the B. Voc. curriculum.
- The course curriculum has been designed to fulfil the present demand for skills in the specialized field of sustainable agriculture.
- In this programme, there is ample scope to train the students to utilize the resources of agriculture and animal husbandry not only to make skilled professionals but also to establish their entrepreneurship.
- The programme is providing learning opportunities not only from the academician but also from the specialized industry’s experts.
- Soft skills like spoken English, computer and presentation skill.
- Eligibility: 10+2 (in any stream) with 45% marks
- Placement Opportunities and Future Scope:
- The programme is embedded with many industrial attachments at each exit level which will create opportunities for the sincere students to get absorbed through the industry partners.
- There is a six-month apprenticeship programme at the final semester of the three-year B. Voc. programme to make the students ready for absorption in the relevant industries.
- The programme promotes entrepreneurial skills among the students to set up a new venture in the field of agriculture and allied sectors which will make them job creators, not job seekers.
- The programme also promotes for higher studies.
- Students will also be fit for many competitive examinations.
- Contact Persons: Dr. Avijit Kr. Dutta (9973752778) and Dr. Sudarshan Biswas (9903419791).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is the full form of BVSA?
BVSA stands for Bachelor of Vocation in Sustainable Agriculture.
- How does the programme be different from conventional B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. programme?
It is a skill-based programme which has been formulated as per the guidelines of the National Skills Qualifications Framework (NSQF).
- What is the duration of the BVSA programme?
It is a three years graduation level programme. However, a student can avail multiple exits and entries options in different levels. Hence, a student can exit after six-month or one year or two years at certificate or diploma or advanced diploma level, respectively. Even more, it is so friendly system for the students that a student can get entry at the next level at which level he/she left out for the last time.
- Is it necessary to have a science background to take admission in this programme?
No, the candidate belongs to any stream is eligible to take admission in this programme.
- What is the fee structure for this programme?
Registration Fee- Rs. 200/- Identity Card Fee- Rs. 100/-
Admission Fee- Rs. 3000/- Semester Fee- Rs. 10,000/-
Caution Money- Rs. 2000/- (refundable)
Scholarship and fee concession facilities are available for the deserving limited number of candidates only.
- What is the time of admission?
Usually two times in a year- July and January. But, for this year online/offline form is available from 23rd September to 11th October 2020. (for more details please visit https://www.rkmvuranchi.ac.in/)
- What are the carrier opportunities after completion of this programme?
The programme is embedded with many industrial attachments at each exit level which will create opportunities for the students to get absorbed through the industry partners. There is six-month apprenticeship programme at the final semester of the three-year B. Voc. programme to make the students ready for absorption in the relevant industries. The programme also promotes entrepreneurial skills among the students so that they can set up a new venture and thus it will enable them as job creators. In addition to these, a student can go for higher studies. Even more, the students will also be fit for many competitive examinations.