Linkage and Rural Network
The multifarious rural development activities of Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Morabadi, Ranchi are now well known. The emphasis on integrated approach and quality assurance has been the hallmark of these activities, so much so that the ‘Divyayan’ Unit of the Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, has been able to establish linkages with different Departments of the State and Central Governments, Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), and other national Institutes of repute. Besides the various integrated rural development activities, the Ashrama is also imparting education to the villagers through primary schools and the bridge courses under the scheme of National Institute of Open Schooling and ultimately the Faculty Centre for ‘Integrated Rural and Tribal Development and Management (IRTDM)’ of Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University.
Some of the important projects and schemes taken up by the Ashrama are:
- Watershed development project,
- Horticulture development projects under National Horticultural Mission,
- Seed village programme,
- Safe drinking water and safe sanitation programme,
- Mobile agro-clinic and agro-services,
- Routine activities like field-days,
- Rural extension activities,
- Front line demonstrations,
- Short term vocational training programmes for the rural youths,
- Organizing Kisan melas/agricultural exhibitions using mobile audio-visual units for integrated rural development schemes.
As many as 70 organizations collectively called ‘Vivekananda Seva Sangha’, established at the initiative of the ex-trainees of Divyayan work for the all-round development of their own villages.